Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It’s All Fun and Games Till Mommy Nearly Gets Knocked Out, Rocky-Style!



Tonight, we have had the privilege of witnessing the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring!”
This morning started off just like any other: I was rushing around to get Jack ready for school, myself ready for work, and taking time out to harass my husband a little bit.  While Jack was in the other room, Chris and I were jokingly wrestling around when – crack! – his elbow hit me in the nose with great force.  I began moaning, particularly when blood began pouring from my nose; I looked in the mirror to see I’d streaked blood across my own forehead and blood was smeared in my palm. Luckily nothing seemed amiss structurally.  As I lay back down on the bed to apply ice to my nose, Jack walked in and had this reaction to his softly - crying mother:

“Mommy, can I watch ‘Star Wars’?”

“Ask your father,” I responded.

Over an hour later, after walking out of a too-expensive walk-in clinic (they wanted to charge $100) and being told both my primary care physician and my ENT were booked solid and couldn’t see me, I ambled into the Westport walk-in clinic, paid my $20 co-pay, and was told nothing was broken; just a blood vessel.

My son’s reaction made me laugh.  I’m glad the whole scenario didn’t scare him.  I’m also glad my nose is still on my face; a broken nose only days before our family vacation would have majorly sucked.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I've broken my nose twice doing stupid stuff, so I feel your pain. Hope you're ok now! Found you from the Honest Voices link up!

    ReplyDelete